We realize it’s a bit odd to post a light and refreshing salad recipe on a day when many of our readers are stuck in freezing weather. Sorry! How about trying this stew recipe today and saving the cucumber yogurt salad for next week?
We’ve been lucky with the weather this week and the warm days inspired me to create a recipe for cucumber yogurt salad. This salad has a Middle Eastern flair to it that you can’t miss. You could easily find it served at a meal with hummus, tahini, and tabouleh, but I like to make a large bowl of it and eat it for breakfast after a long run. It’s filling, easy to make and tastes great.
- 1 pound cucumbers
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- A handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- A few mint leaves for garnish
- Peel the cucumbers, chop them into quarters and place them in a bowl. Add the garlic, mint and black pepper.
- Pour the yogurt over the cucumbers and mix the ingredients well.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top of the salad garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- If you prepare ahead of time make sure not to add the olive oil until you are ready to serve. (The olive oil is more for the presentation than anything else.)