Those fresh summer tomatoes are starting to come into season and it’s time to make the most of them. Caprese salad is a summertime favorite but those same flavors are great in other recipes too. This frittata comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Brush a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with butter or oil. Set over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour into the pan and cook until the sides are set and beginning to brown but the very center is still a little loose, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and lay the slices of cheese and tomatoes on top.
- Turn on the broiler and set an oven rack to the 2nd highest position. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until the frittata is puffed and set, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve warm or let come to room temperature. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.