Summer is here and with it comes one of my favorite ways to cook- grilling. If you’re willing to try a fantastic alternative to the burger, I highly recommend this recipe which uses traditional Middle Eastern flavors. Of all the kebab recipes I’ve tried, this has been the most successful with guests. And the kids love it, too.
Kebab With Pine Nuts
- 2 pounds ground hamburger meat
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into medium-size burger shaped balls (not too round and not too flat).
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place on the hot grill for 5-7 minutes on each side (depending on your grill).
- The kebab should be cooked through.
- I cook them a bit longer since I like them charred on the outside.
- Prepare Ahead: The kebab mixture can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.