Recipe courtesy of Sweet Amandine for Diabetes Awareness Month
Lima Beans with Feta and Parsley
- 1 10 oz. package frozen lima beans
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 overflowing T. olive oil
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 T. crumbled feta cheese
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Place frozen lima beans and 1/4 c. water in a small saucepan over a medium-low flame.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 10-15 minutes, until the beans are heated through and the water has more or less evaporated.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the oil. Add the parsley, feta cheese, salt, and pepper, give it a stir, and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of Sweet Amandine.