The Dexcom G4 PLATINUM offers not only outstanding accuracy and performance, but many new capabilities, including:
- Longest transmission range, enabling improved patient flexibility and convenience
- A smaller, discrete profile that fits busy lifestyles
- A first-of-its-kind color LCD display for easy viewing
- Customizable alerts with specific tones
- “Hypo alert” setting at 55 mg/dl that provides an increased level of safety – a feature that no other device has.
The Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM system consists of just three parts: a sensor, transmitter, and monitor.
The tiny sensor – about the diameter of a human hair —is inserted by the user under the skin on the abdomen. A small transmitter sends data wirelessly to a sleek and small monitor, which easily fits in a purse or pocket. It provides data every 5 minutes for up to 7 consecutive days, quickly and easily showing the body’s response to medication, food and exercise. If users are outside their target zones, configurable alarms alert them so that they can take action.
The Dexcom G4 PLATINUM is prescribed by a physician and covered by most insurance plans for people taking insulin, and is indicated for use as an adjunctive device to complement, not replace, information obtained from standard home glucose monitoring devices. The company plans to begin taking orders for the Dexcom G4 PLATINUM immediately and expects to begin shipping to patients within the next several weeks. For more information, visit www.dexcom.com.