No need to thinly slice your steak in this easy low carb steak fajitas recipe; your slow cooker does all the work for you! Just pile in your ingredients and then shred the meat at the end. Serve with some low carb tortillas, cauliflower rice or eat it as I do, straight from the bowl like soup. It’s delicious and will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 tbsp chill powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs chuck steak
- 2 large peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the chill powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, pepper and cayenne.
- Pat steak dry and rub all over with spice mixture. Place steaks at the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Top with sliced peppers and onions and add water to the bottom. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork and serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.