I swear there is something in yogurt, the enzymes or the amino acids or the probiotics or something, that tenderizes chicken. I don’t know this for sure but I do know that every time I make chicken that’s been marinated in yogurt, it’s more tender and juicy than any other. It’s a great way to prepare boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which tend to be overly dry when grilled.
Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers
- 3/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs), cut into 1 inch chunks
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Add chicken and toss well to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Thread chicken chunks onto 8 skewers (if using bamboo, make sure you soak them for at least an hour beforehand!).
- Preheat grill to medium and brush grates lightly with oil. Grill chicken skewers until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Watch for flare ups with your grill, these are drippy!
- Serve with cauliflower rice or grilled veggies.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.