I’ve decided to join in (belatedly) on the getting to know each other meme that Cherise Shockley initiated (@DiabetesSocMed #DSMA). So here it goes…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My grandfather, Jacob
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
When my dog died about two weeks ago. I wept.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Only when I can read it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
None. I don’t eat it.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
If I liked cats and bad puns, then yes.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
“No,” she said sarcastically.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Cereal was tied with pizza for my favorite food. Then I got diabetes. I love granola.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not usually and it really pisses my husband off.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes. I can do real pull-ups. (And my youngest son wears pull-ups!)
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Cookie dough. If you hear of a carb-free version, please let me know.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Feet. I look down a lot.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
The list is so long. My anxiety takes first place. Next, I hate my pancreas, or maybe I should say the bad cells that attacked my beta cells. My hands are too sweaty, my feet are too small, my legs aren’t thin enough, my skin isn’t clear enough, my hair can’t be tamed. I’ll stop before I get into guilt…
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mother in an abstract way. My paternal grandmother in an active way.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
I need to stop obsessing.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I’m wearing gray, black, and white Thorlo socks. Post work-out.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A piece of dark chocolate
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
My husband. Anything baking with butter and vanilla. Pizza and grilled cheese.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Very, very, very, very, very, very
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Since diabetes, roasted cauliflower
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Something with Adam Sandler and Andy Samburg. I have no idea what the title is.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Light blue under a black fleece
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Since diabetes, dark chocolate. Before, chocolate chip cookies
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Andrew Solomon, Far From the Tree. It’s incredible.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don’t have one.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
My sons playing.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Anything but country
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
It depends what I consider home.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Writing, I guess. I whine well. I tend to attract cats wherever I go. I wish I could sing, dance, and paint.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
The outside of the building looks straight out of a slum. Yellow, white, splotches of all sorts of creams and beiges
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
I don’t have one.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Nr 5: Me too.
I’m glad you did this! You’re a complex person ;)
So much about you I didn’t know :)
Thorlo socks are awesome. My mother bought me some, and now I can’t wear regular socks anymore. xo!