Ever since I discovered it was possible to make low carb biscotti with almond flour, I’ve been obsessed. It’s pretty easy and makes a great treat with your morning coffee. I love coming up with new flavors and new ways to dress them up. This particular version is more dessert than breakfast but I won’t tell if you don’t.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp shredded coconut, divided
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ounce sugar free dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the egg, coconut oil, and almond extract. Stir until dough comes together. If it is still quite crumbly, add water and continue to mix.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and form into a low long log about 4×10 inches. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 14 even slices. Place slices back on baking sheet, cut side-down, and bake 15 minutes. Flip biscotti over, turn off oven and continue to let sit inside until crisp, at least another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely (they will continue to crisp up as they cool).
- Drizzle or spread melted chocolate over the tops of the biscotti. Sprinkle with remaining shredded coconut and chopped almonds.