Recipe courtesy of RecipeGirl.com for Diabetes Awareness Month
Apple – Thyme Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless breasts (about 2 lbs.)
- butter flavored cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 9×13? dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in the prepared dish.
- Arrange apple slices over and around chicken. Sprinkle with shallot and thyme; pour balsamic vinegar on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout; cut to test.
- Arrange chicken on platter and spoon apples and juices on top. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Cooking Tips:
- *1 teaspoon dried thyme may be substituted for 1 tablespoon fresh.
- **Pounding out the chicken breasts so that they’re a bit more even in thickness assures more even cooking.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of RecipeGirl.com.