Thick, rich, cheesy soup on a chilly November day. Could there be anything more comforting? Using cauliflower instead of potatoes to create this thick Asiago Bisque Soup means you can warm up without the added carbs.
Asiago Bisque Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted and hot, add celery, onion and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add cauliflower and broth. Cover and cook until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes. Blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender to puree.
- Stir in the asiago cheese and stir until melted and combined. Stir in whipping cream and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon when serving.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.