Frittata is the ultimate easy low carb dinner. It takes little effort to prepare and it always tastes delicious. And the flavor variations are virtually endless. Some lightly sautéed asparagus and some tangy goat cheese make this version a lovely springtime dish.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and cut into thirds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, whipping cream, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter until frothy. Swirl around bottom and up sides of pan.
- Add asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until asparagus is bright green and just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture into pan over asparagus and reduce heat to medium low. Cook undisturbed until edges are set but center is still somewhat loose, about 10 minutes. Preheat broiler to high and set a rack to the second-highest setting in the oven.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of goat cheese over frittata and set under broiler until puffed and browned, 4 to 5 minutes, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn.