Some recipes are born of necessity and this is one of them. My garden is overflowing with cucumbers and those lovely little orange Sungold tomatoes, and I am constantly trying to find ways to use them up. A few tips for this fresh summer salad: don’t add the bacon until serving, as it gets soggy as it sits. And don’t add salt and pepper until the last minute, as it makes the veggies release their moisture and the salad can get a bit soupy.
Bacon Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 3 to 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, cook chopped bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, mayonnaise and garlic and toss well.
- Just before serving, add the chopped bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Carolyn- thank you for your passion and your recipes. We have the everyday cookbook and now the weeknight easy dinner cookbook and we love them. I’m Keto, hubby is not and he still reaches for those first when he cooks.