Lettuce wraps are a great way to take your favorite fast food items and make them far healthier. You skip can skip all the unnecessary carbs and yet still get all the great flavors. I packed these lettuce wraps with grassfed beef, uncured bacon and sautéed mushrooms and the kids thought it was the best dinner ever. Take that, McDonalds!
Bacon Mushroom Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to desired crispness. Remove and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes, breaking up chunks with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Spoon ground beef into lettuce leaves, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with bacon and mushrooms.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
the carbs for this, are they per serving( 1 wrap) or??
Beautiful burgers. I may try with a little worcestershire sauce. ;)