This is one of my go-to recipes for hors d’oeuvres. Not only is it a piece of cake to make, it always seems to please everyone. The earthiness of the mushroom pairs so well with the saltiness of the bacon.
They can easily be assembled an hour or two ahead of time and refrigerated, making prep a breeze.
- 12 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 3 scallions, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the mushrooms and green onions, topped with pepper, in the bacon slices.
- Place rolled up bacon slices a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Roast the bundles for 18 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Drain the bundles on paper towels, remove toothpicks if used and serve.