Thanks to the three sisters who write the blog Natural Sweet Recipes, we present you with the perfect frittata!
Mozzarella is one of my favorite cheeses and in the days before diabetes, pizza was my favorite food. So you can imagine how excited I am to share a recipe that’s low carb, but yet reminiscent of pizza. Calling it pizza-like would be a bit of stretch, I know. But with mozzarella, tomato, and basil, how can you not think of pizza? And how can it not be delicious?
This baked tomato basil and mozzarella frittata works well for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and is very easy to make. – Jessica Apple
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/3 cup Tomato
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Dash of Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Whisk together until smooth. Add the garlic, basil, tomatoes and cheese. Add the rest of the seasonings and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes. It should be puffy and springy in the middle and the top should have a nice golden color to it.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.
*Photo and Recipe courtesy of Natural Sweet Recipes