Medtronic and Bayer HealthCare have announced that Bayer’s new blood glucose meter, the Contour Next Link, is now available in the U.S. with Medtronic’s compatible integrated diabetes management systems.
Bayer’s new meter provides exceptional accuracy utilizing high-performance Contour Next test strips, helping optimize insulin delivery through wireless communication with the MiniMed Paradigm REAL-Time Revel™ insulin pump and the MiniMed Paradigm™ REAL-Time insulin pump. People with diabetes can have greater confidence that seamless integration with Medtronic’s Bolus Wizard makes bolus calculations quick and easy, eliminating inaccuracies due to manual entry errors.
Bayer’s Contour Next Link utilizes new, high-accuracy test strips that deliver exceptional accuracy for close-to-professional lab results that people with diabetes can count on, especially in the low glucose range. Other features of Contour Next Link include:
- Enables fast and easy bolus dosing and continuous glucose monitoring calibration
- Pass-through feature allows for easy downloading to Medtronic’s convenient online Care Link software, replacing the Carelink USB device
- Bayer’s No Codin technology makes testing easy by automatically setting the correct code each time a test strip is inserted
- Easy-to-read display with large, clear numbers
- Fast 5-second countdown and small 0.6 ?L blood sample
- Optional pre- and post-meal markers with audible reminders
Starting today, new Medtronic customers will receive Contour Next Link with any new pump order. Existing customers will be contacted by Medtronic and provided with new meters over time, beginning in January of 2013. Contour Next Link is also compatible with the Guardian REAL-Time continuous glucose monitoring system.