This is one of my favorite ways to prepare meatloaf. The leeks add a nice, mellow onion flavor and we never go wrong with mushrooms in my home. I used fresh, homemade breadcrumbs, which keep the meatloaf very moist.
Beef and Mushroom Meatloaf
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced white and pale green parts only
- 8 ounces thinly sliced crimini (baby bella) mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper; transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Mix eggs and bread crumbs into vegetables, then add the beef and cream. Transfer to a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake meatloaf until thermometer inserted into center registers 160 degrees, about 45 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 15 minutes; turn onto platter.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.