Need a little taste of summer in this dreary winter weather? These blueberry cobbler bars will hit the spot. All that juicy berry goodness will bring some warmth back into your days. These bars make a great breakfast or snack. Or top them with a little whipped cream or sugar-free vanilla ice cream for dessert!
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water (use only 2 tbsp if using frozen berries)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, sweetener, and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer 5 minutes until berries are soft.
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×9 baking pan. You can also use an 8×8 pan but your baking time will be a little longer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two sharp knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in eggs and cream until well combined. Spread 2/3 of batter in prepared baking pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Pour blueberry sauce over bottom crust and dot with remaining batter. Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and just set to the touch.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.