Poblano peppers are large mild peppers with dark green skin. They are great for roasting and are big enough for stuffing with any number of delicious fillings. I got some rotisserie chicken and mixed it with Buffalo sauce for a spicy and cheesy dinner recipe.
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Buffalo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roast the poblano peppers until skin is charred and blistered. You can do this over the open flame on a gas stove, or by heating your broiler to high and placing poblanos within a few inches of the broiler (turning to get all sides charred).
- Let the peppers cool 5 minutes, then cut in half through the stem (keep the stem intact) and remove the ribs and seeds. Place in a baking dish, cut-side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, Buffalo sauce, salt and pepper. Use a fork or rubber spatula to combine well.
- Divide the filling between the roasted chile halves, pressing into the pepper. Sprinkle each with cheddar. Bake 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.