If you’re looking for a feel-good, comfort food that won’t drive your blood sugar sky high like potatoes do, then this is it. This squash’s flesh is sunset orange, and its texture is smooth. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and cook, and pairs especially well with poultry and fish dishes.
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan until the oil is hot
- Add the garlic and the squash and cook, stirring regularly until the squash turns dark and starts to brown (approximately 10 minutes)
- Add the rosemary and cook for another 1-2 minutes while stirring
- Salt and serve warm.