Turn that summertime classic, Caprese salad, into a delicious chicken dinner. It’s quick and easy, and captures all the great flavors of fresh summer tomatoes and basil. This Caprese chicken recipe is destined to become a family favorite. It already is in our house!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 5 or 6 thighs)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 5 or 6 slices
- 1 medium tomato, sliced into 5 or 6 slices (as many as you have thighs)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until over medium heat until shimmering. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add in a single layer to pan. Sear on the first side until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, then sear on the second side another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a medium casserole dish or glass baking pan. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh mozzarella, then top each with a slice of tomato.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling and chicken is cooked through. Turn on broiler for 2 or 3 minutes to brown the top of the cheese.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.