Two of my favorite foods are pizza and cauliflower, so I could I not love this recipe for cauliflower pizza crust? Cauliflower pizza crust is low carb, full of flavor, and can hold its own against a classic pizza crust recipe. We’re very happy to share this recipe of you, courtesy of Danielle from Against All Grain. Check out Against All Grain for topping ideas: Spinach, Butternut Squash and Pesto Pizza and Meat Lover’s Pizza. – Jessica Apple
- 1/2 head cauliflower, about 2 cups grated
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, for brushing the tops
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim the cauliflower and remove the stems. Place in your food processor and pulse until the florets are finely “riced.” You can also grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater.
- Place in a steamer placed over an inch or two of water, and steam until just tender but not fully cooked. Don’t let the cauliflower touch the water, it will absorb too much of the water and make a soggy crust.
- Combine the cauliflower, cheese, garlic, salt, basil, egg, and coconut flour in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Form two 8 inch circles with the dough on a piece of parchment paper. The “dough” will be pretty loose until it is cooked, so use your hands to form it into a circle and lightly press with your palms until it is 1/2 inch thick. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges.
- Let the crust cool slightly, then add the toppings and place under the broiler for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.
*Photo courtesy of Against All Grain