This cauliflower tabbouleh refreshing salad makes a lovely lunch on its own, or is the perfect accompaniment to grilled or roasted poultry, meat or fish. The bright flavors of the lemon and fresh herbs perfectly complement the fresh tomatoes, while the texture of the chopped cauliflower is much like quinoa or rice – but without the extra carbs and blood sugar spike!
- 2 cups grated (or finely chopped) raw cauliflower
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix gently, but thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving so the flavors can blend.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Will keep for 3 – 5 days in the refrigerator.