Mashed cauliflower is just as good or possibly better than mashed potatoes. Since it doesn’t fill you up as much as real potatoes do, you can eat far more of it in one sitting. And it’s up to you how to add the flavor.
This mashed cauliflower recipe is so good that I even ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day. And it’s hearty enough to rival any mashed potato recipe.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 4 oz sharp aged Cheddar cheese, grated,
- plus a few tablespoons for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a steam basket into a large saucepan and fill with a few inches of water.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and rinse with water.
- Place in pot along with garlic cloves and steam until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl of a food processor, including garlic cloves.
- Puree until smooth. Return to empty pot and stir in sour cream and grated cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese for garnish.