When I told my kids we were having Cheeseburger Soup for dinner, they looked at me liked I’d lost my mind. I think they were envisioning ground up burger, bun and all, added to broth. They were rather relieved when I dished up this hearty, cauliflower based soup with ground beef and bacon!
- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- Place the cauliflower, cream cheese, onion, butter, garlic, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively you can transfer the soup to a regular blender or a food processor, but you will need to work in batches.
- Stir in the ground beef and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve with fun toppings like bacon crumbles, chopped tomatoes, and dill pickles.