Delicious low carb scones with chopped cherries and dark chocolate. Keeping the cherries to ½ cup means you can enjoy the flavor without worrying too much about your blood sugar! The cherry extract in the glaze helps bring out the flavor even more, but vanilla works well too.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pitted fresh cherries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp cherry extract or vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, cream, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chopped cherries and the chocolate.
- Roll the mixture into 2 inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Press down to about 1 inch thick. You should get about 12 scones.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until nicely browned and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely on the pan.
- For the glaze, whisk together the sweetener, cream, and extract, Drizzle over the cooled scones.