If you’ve got some leftover chicken in the refrigerator, this quick and easy recipe is a great way to turn it into a whole new meal. If you don’t have leftovers, you can either poach some, buy a rotisserie chicken.
Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place mushrooms stem side up on a baking sheet.
- Stir together chicken, cheese, onions, sun dried tomatoes and basil. Spoon into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is hot and cheese is melted.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Looking over the chicken stuffed portobello recipe, I was interested in seeing what the reviews might be like. I tapped on the stars thinking that would bring up reviews, and realized I had inadvertently given the recipe a two star rating! Wow; haven’t even tried it and I dinged it, can’t figure out how to go back and change it. Makes me wonder if others have done the same and if the star reviews are all that valid.