Is there anything more delicious than a fresh local tomato in summer? It makes you wonder why you ever buy bother to buy them in the winter when they have no flavor. Fill those gorgeous tomatoes with some ranch seasoned chicken salad as part of a light low carb summer meal.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 6 medium red tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Cut the stemmed tops from the tomatoes. Using a sharp knife, cut around the inside of the tomato to loosen the ribs and the seeds. Scoop out with a spoon and discard.
- Fill each tomato shell with chicken mixture and sprinkle with fresh herbs.