Delicata squash is quite a popular form of winter squash and it popping up more and more frequently in grocery stores. A huge benefit is that this squash requires no peeling. The skin becomes tender enough during cooking that it can be eaten right along with the flesh. It’s delicious and makes the perfect side dish for your holiday meals.
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easier clean up. Grease foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds, then cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place in a bowl and toss with oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture and toss well to combine.
- Roast until squash is tender and skin is lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.