Here’s a great healthy, homemade gift idea. Who doesn’t love to receive biscotti during the holidays?
This low carb gingerbread biscotti is perfect for dipping into your coffee in the morning, and the warm spices of ginger and cinnamon give it a festive flair. And who can say no to a sprinkling of chocolate chips and some dark chocolate drizzle?
- 2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 tsp ground ginger, depending on how much of a gingery kick you want
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powered, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, salt, and cloves. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add avocado oil or butter, egg, and water and stir until dough comes together. Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and form into a long, low log about 4 inches by 10 inches.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch and just lightly browned. Remove and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into about 14 slices (a straight up and down motion works better than sawing back and forth).
- Place slices back on baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 15 minutes, then flip biscotti over, turn off oven and let sit inside until completely cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate and let set.