I am currently drowning in zucchini from my garden and I couldn’t be happier. This was a dairy-free recipe I threw together one day earlier in the summer and I was amazed at how well it turned out. This chocolate chip zucchini bread is possibly the best zucchini bread I’ve ever had. I’ve now made it 5 or 6 times, as it’s a hit with everyone!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup egg white protein powder (can use whey protein powder)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Place zucchini in a sieve set in the sink or over a bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and toss to combine. Let drain 1 hour, then press down to release as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in drained zucchini, eggs, and coconut oil. Add 1/3 cup almond milk. If batter is overly thick and not spreadable, add remaining almond milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared loaf pan and bake 325 for 55 to 65 minutes, until top is set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.