These slice and bake low carb, gluten free chocolate dipped hazelnut cookies make life easy. Not only are they delicious, they look beautiful too. You can make the whole batch at once, or you can keep the dough in the freezer and make just a few at a time.
Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups hazelnut meal
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the hazelnut meal, sweetener, and salt. Pulse a few times until well mixed.
- Add butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Process until dough becomes a cohesive ball. You may need to scrap down the sides with a rubber spatula a few times.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of waxed paper. Roll into a 12-inch log and wrap up tightly. Freeze about 3 hours to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 300 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Slice dough into 1/3 thick inch slices and place on cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake 5 minutes, then press each cookie down to 1/4 inch thick with a flat-bottomed glass.
- Bake another 20 minutes or so, until golden brown around the edges. Remove and let cool on pans.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate until smooth. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate and place on a waxed paper lined tray.
- Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.