Is there anything better than chocolate and peanut butter together? I think not. These chocolate peanut butter whoopie pies are big on chocolate flavor with a delicious creamy peanut butter filling. The ultimate indulgence that is also sugar-free and gluten-free.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or other powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray parchment with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sweetener until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated and then beat in half of the almond flour mixture. Beat in almond milk and then remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Using wet hands, form dough into generous 1 inch balls (you will need to re-wet your hands frequently). Place at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets and press down with the heal of your hand to about 1/3 inch thickness. You should get about 30 to 32 balls.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until just firm to the touch, rotating baking pans about halfway through. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sweetener, vanilla and stevia extract until smooth. Beat in whipping cream until well combined.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter filling on the bottom-side of one chocolate cake. Top with another cake, bottom-side in. Repeat with remaining cakes and filling.