I love salads that are so filling and full of flavor that they can be the whole meal. This is particularly true in summer, when the warm weather demands easy meals that don’t require turning on the oven. I took one of my favorite salads and chopped all the ingredients finely for a delicious and easy meal. Enjoy al fresco with a glass of white wine on a warm summer evening.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces salami
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup marinated red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 ounces canned sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini slices, drained
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
- For the salad, wash lettuce and chop finely. Divide among for large plates.
- Chop salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, mozzarella, marinated peppers, artichoke hearts and tomatoes into small pieces. Arrange on top of chopped lettuce, along with red onion, pepperoncini and olives.
- Drizzle each with dressing and serve.