This low carb side dish is a diabetes friendly take on the famous Cilantro Lime Rice from Chipotle. A quick search online will bring up numerous copycat recipes because it’s such a popular dish from the Mexican restaurant chain. I myself adore the cilantro lime combination and it works just as well with cauliflower as it does with real rice.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into florets and discard core and leaves. Place florets in a food processor and process on low until they resemble grains of rice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter until it begins to froth. Add cauliflower, salt and pepper and toss to coat in the butter. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro, lime juice and any additional salt and pepper to taste.