There’s nothing that quite rivals the taste of a good, juicy roast chicken. And despite their status as a “Sunday Supper”, they are actually quite easy to make and don’t take overly long. This spicy twist on a classic comes together in about an hour. Pair with your favourite low carb veggie sides for a wholesome meal.
Coffee Spiced Roast Chicken
- 2 tsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, 3 to 4 pounds, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup water or broth in bottom of pan
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coffee, chili powder, salt, garlic, oregano, pepper, and cumin.
- Place chicken on a roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with spice mixture. Roast 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and pour broth or water into the bottom of the pan. Roast another 30 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 160F to 165F.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before carving.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
This was absolutely delicious !! Used chicken thighs and legs, the skin was crispy and meat was moist inside. Picky husband loved it as well. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner !!