June is peak zucchini season and we eat zucchini all summer long – grilled, fried, steamed, and even raw. Zucchini is low-carb, low calorie and very easy to prepare. This salad is one of our favorites since it’s both rich in flavor and refreshing. You can serve it hot or cold, but we always refrigerate for several hours before serving since chilling it brings out the coolness of the mint.
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the zucchini into thin 3 inch sticks (if the zucchini is thick remove some of the seeds)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high flame.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until the garlic starts to turn gold.
- Add the zucchini and fry for 8-12 minutes, stirring until the zucchini is soft and browning.
- Stir in the mint and cook for one minute.
- Remove, place in a bowl and refrigerate. Serve cold.
*Can also be served hot