Now that winter is upon us, I am enjoying making and eating comfort foods. This chili works perfectly on a rainy, cool evening. It freezes well, so make a double batch and tuck away a meal for one of those crazy nights when you don’t have time to cook.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 can kidney beans
- Shredded cheese, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Green onions, for serving
- Sriracha or hot sauce, for serving
- Brown ground beef or turkey in large frying pan until cooked through.
- Add onions and fry until softened.
- In a large saucepan, add hamburger, tomatoes, onions and spices.
- Simmer for 2 hours on low. Add beans just before serving. Heat through.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions and sriracha.