How can you have a proper Easter celebration without chocolate eggs? Every kid loves them…but not every kid can eat them without consequence. Well, this year, the Easter Bunny is making every kid happy. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Easter Eggs are low carb, grain-free, and egg-free too. Crisp chocolate shell, sweet cookie dough filling!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar (best if you use powdered sweetener to avoid grittiness)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 6 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Add butter, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto parchment or waxed paper and pat out into a rough square, about 8 x 8 inches and 1/2 inch high.
- Use a small egg-shaped cookie cutter (about 2 inches long) to cut out as many eggs as possible. Use a knife or offset spatula to gently lift the eggs onto a waxed paper-lined platter or cookie sheet. Gather up the scraps and re-pat out and cut more eggs out. Continue until no more eggs can be cut out (you should get about 14 to 15 eggs).
- Freeze eggs until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
- Set a heat-proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Add chocolate and coconut oil and stir until completely melted.
- Dip each frozen egg into the chocolate, tossing to coat all over. Lift out with a fork and tap firmly on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on another waxed paper-lined platter or cookie sheet.
- Drizzle any extra chocolate over the eggs in fun designs (you can put it into a ziploc bag with the very tip cut off to make proper designs).
- Freeze or refrigerate until firm.