If you’ve felt that tea-time hasn’t been the same since you started a low carb diet, that is about to change. These cranberry orange drop low carb scones are a perfect tea-time treat. And if you’re not a tea drinker, no worries. Low carb scones go very well with coffee, too!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener or other erythritol (other sweeteners may be substituted)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or other powdered erythritol (if you substitute another sweetener here, it must be a powdered version)
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt. Stir in cranberries.
- Add Greek yogurt, eggs, orange juice, coconut oil, orange zest and vanilla extract and stir vigorously until well combined.
- Drop by large spoonful onto prepared baking sheet. You should get 10 to 12 scones in all. Bake 24 to 27 minutes, until firm to the touch and the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes on pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk powdered sweetener and 2 tbsp of orange juice together in a small bowl. Add more orange juice if glaze is too thick.
- Drizzle over cooled scones.
- Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.