The holidays are all about the cookies and treats and heavy comfort foods. If your body feels a little overwhelmed by it all, refresh with this delightful low carb smoothie. Wondering why that avocado is in there? Because it helps give the smoothie a thick consistency while keep the carb count low. You won’t taste it. My kids had no clue that the green stuff was in there!
Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can sub 1/2 cream and half water)
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, cranberries, yogurt, avocado, zest and extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add your chosen sweetener to equal about 2 or 3 tbsp sugar and blend until combined.
- Add additional sweetener to taste.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Sounds very yummy. Nutrition info is great. I will decline trying it because the fat content is so high. My body doesn’t do well with a lot of fats.
I Loved it!!!!!