Avocados are like the ultimate health food. Low in carbs, high in healthy fat and fiber, and they taste simply divine. Creamy smooth flesh that pairs with everything from vegetables to fish to chocolate. Yes, chocolate! This time, I went for a savory flavor combination. Think of this as smooth guacamole over fresh zucchini noodles (Zoodles). It makes a great summer side dish.
- 1 ripe California avocado
- 1 chopped jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp chipotle powder or chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 tbsp water
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, avocado oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add water a few tbsp at a time and continue to process until a thick but pourable consistency is achieved.
- Cut zucchini with a spiral cutter. Cook uncovered in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes on high, until hot and just tender.
- Divide zucchini among 4 plates and top with avocado sauce and crumbled bacon. Serve warm.