Rich and creamy, this celery and leek soup is thickened with cauliflower rather than potatoes. It’s a wonderful low carb alternative to traditional leek and potato soup. Bring on the chilly fall weather because this will warm you right up.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced, white parts only (save green parts for garnish, if desired)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, leeks, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is soft enough to be pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (you may need to work in batches). Return to the saucepan and stir in heavy cream.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green leek slices, if desired.