This chicken recipe is so flavorful, it will have you coming back again and again. it was a huge hit in my house and even the kids loved it. The sauce is velvety and creamy, and you will want to drink the leftovers. If there are any leftovers…
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 8 to 10 skin-on, bone in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 12-inch oven-proof skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and remove all but 2 tbsp bacon grease from the skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Season chicken thighs all over with salt and pepper and add to skillet, skin-side down. Cook about 3 minutes, until nicely browned, then flip and cook the other sides for 3 more minutes. Remove chicken to another platter, skin-side up.
- Add garlic and thyme to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add white wine and cook until most of the wine had evaporated. Add sun-dried tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and bacon back into the pan, skin-side up. Place the entire skillet into the oven and bake, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Add cream to the pan and stir until well combined. Serve chicken over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles with plenty of pan sauce.