Is there any veggie more refreshing than a cucumber? Okay, they are technically a fruit, but we eat them like vegetables so let’s just call them veggies for our purposes. They are so fresh and light, and they make a wonderful summer salad. Pair this easy Cucumber Feta Salad with your favorite grilled meats for a delicious low carb meal.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and trim both cucumbers. Cut lengthwise in half and then cut lengthwise again into quarters.
- Slice each quarter into 1/4 inch slices. (I like to leave the skin on but you can skin the cucumbers if you prefer).
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, feta, and scalions. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, and oregano. Mix well and then drizzle over cucumber. toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving (salt takes the water out of the cucumber so adding it too early means you end up with water at the bottom of the bowl).