Think you can’t have cheesecake if you’re dairy free? Think again! There are some great cream cheese alternatives out there now and some of them are as low carb as the real thing. My favorite is Kite Hill Almond Milk cream cheese, as it has no junky fillers, soy, or vegetable oils. These little no-bake low carb dairy free cheesecake bites are easy to make and a fun treat for spring.
If you don’t need to be dairy-free, feel free to sub in cream cheese and butter in this recipe.
- 4 ounces dairy-free cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Natural yellow food coloring
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, and coconut oil together until well combined.
- Beat in the coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract until smooth. Beat in just enough coloring to give a pale yellow color.
- Spoon into 12 mini parchment cupcake liners or silicone liners and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Peel out of the liners and keep refrigerated.