You’ve probably heard that dark chocolate has health benefits. We think Valentine’s Day is a perfect time to take advantage of that fact. Almost everyone loves chocolate covered strawberries, and they’re so easy to prepare. They’re also low carb and gluten free. Does it get any better than that?
- 24 ripe strawberries, green stems intact, washed and dried
- 100 grams (3.5oz) bar of 85% cocoa dark chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot containing an inch of simmering water. The bowl should not touch the water. Stir continuously until chocolate is melted.
- Hold the strawberries by their stems and dip them one at a time in the chocolate allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place each strawberry on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set.