Tis the season for hot drinks! If you’re chilly and looking for a great way to warm up, this sugar-free mulled cranberry juice is just the thing. No need to purchase any store-bought juice, just boil the berries with water until they pop. The scent of the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves will warm up your whole house.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 slices fresh ginger (about 1/4 inch thick each)
- 4 whole cloves
- Sweetener equivalent to 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 star anise (optional)
- In a large pot over medium high heat, combine cranberries, water, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and cloves.
- Bring to a boil and turn heat to low. Simmer until berries pops and release their juice, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep another 15 minutes. Strain through a sieve, pressing on solids to release as much juice as possible. Return to pot over low heat and add sweetener. Stir to dissolve if sweetener is granulated.
- Divide among 2 mugs and garnish each with star anise. Serve hot.