Dry-cured Spanish chorizo is a simple way to bring some flair to your morning eggs. Crisp the chorizo in your frying pan first, which causes it to exude the fragrant spiced fats that you’ll use to scramble the eggs. Top with fresh chopped herbs or some crumbled cheese, if you like.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ounce dry Spanish chorizo
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Slice your chorizo lengthwise into quarters, then thinly slice into tiny bits.
- Start the chorizo with olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs together with heavy cream, salt & pepper.
- Cook the chorizo until it renders its fat and is as crispy as you prefer it.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting, and add egg mixture.
- Scramble eggs carefully over low heat.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or crumbly cheese (optional)